I know you've all been in this position...and if you haven't - don't ever wish to be.
So about three weeks ago I started working for this amazing company - doing amazing stuff!! My direct boss is the CEO of the company, so I'm just going to say that I'm a pretty big deal. (Yes, I'm tooting my own horn, I've worked hard for this)
From day one, I've had a bit of an issue with his personal secretary...the issue is...she's a heinous bitch. She's a 40-something-year-old woman, with a mustache my own father couldn't contest with, and she has a SERIOUS power trip thing going on.
If I were in her shoes I would think:
1. Who is this young hotshot?
2. Why does the bossman always like to talk to her and meet with her?
3. Is she gunning for my job?
4. Does she really think she can tell me what to do?
But being in my shoes I can answer those with...
1. I'm a professional who has worked my ass off to get where I am today
2. He likes to talk to me a lot because I"m doing a lot for the company. He likes me more than you because I actually do my job, and I do it well.
3. HELL no I don't want your job...you're a secretary
4. Yes, I can tell you what to do...that's part of my job.
SO - just because you have the ability to read his emails and hold the CC numbers, doesn't mean you can try to talk down to me, and tell me what to do. And FURTHERMORE - do NOT second guess me when I'm trying to tell you do give me a file, CC number or anything else for that matter. I was hired to do a job - I can't do that job if I spend all day waiting on you.
I have no qualms in going toe to toe with you, and putting you in your ungraduated, menopausal, mustached place. DON'T cross me lady...I have a shovel and and Italian mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've witnessed this side of Megan before... you get it gurl!!
ReplyDelete