Shall I start with the insane amount of stress I'm watching people self inflict? I mean... really!
The label I work for is fantastic, but it consists of 7 people (including the owner) in NYC and 1 gal in LA. Each of us "in charge" of our respected fields / the only person doing that job. I, myself, am head of promotion. Which in laymen terms means, I do radio... all radio... every format, every band... I'm it. So, I get it.. there's a lot of pressure and a lot of responsibility - for each of us.
So, I find it slightly irritating when the 5 of us (the actual staff) sit down in the box of a conference room and, things like "our logo on that radio one sheet needs to be on the right side." Um, here's my response "not to be rude but, I've been making radio one sheets for album mailings for 3 years. I know what needs to be on it and, I also know that they look at it for a 5 second time frame, then throw it in the trash. There are more important things than a logo. We should really remember that." It didn't work. THERE IS MORE to life than redundant and meaningless items such as this.
Other things I noticed today in my normal NYC commuter routine :
*Man next to me on subway was reading the obituaries in the paper. ew.
*Guy in the elevator had orange lego blocks as cuff links. Didn't really match his Diesel sunglasses.
*Oh and, for some reason, I've been enjoying breakfast burritos lately.
Good day! x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lego Links with Diesel Shades = Advertising Creative - be friends with him
ReplyDelete