Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Thoughts...

Being Sicilian and a Scorpio (yes, look out!), I realize it's only natural that I am stubborn, intense, extremely loyal, inquisitive, oh and the list goes on... However, sometimes I feel as if I can also be my own worst enemy. I mean, I am so incredibly lucky to be in love, have amazing friends, an incredibly close and supportive family, a great job and of course my health, but at the same time, I can't kick that voice in the back of my head that says, "Alison, if something seems too good to be true, it usually is...." Why is that? Can't some people, who deserve it, be genuinely happy and have it all? Or is that just in movies and fairy tales...?
How do you guys allow yourselves to simply enjoy every moment and don't allow that voice in the back of your head creep up every so often?
What's the secret?

2 comments:

  1. No secret - everyone has that little voice! Some people are just better able to either ignore it, or throw a facade that makes one wonder if anything ever really bothers them.

    Normally I'm really good at the facade...but every so often...I break. And generally speaking, that's when someone gets a phone call, and hear a torrent of curse words and run on sentences.

    It's only natural for you to second guess the best things in life. Afterall, we've been taught our entire lives that "the best things in life are not always free." And for the best of us, we've been burned one time or another to believe that the worst is yet to come.

    Don't be so hard on yourself, you do have an amazing surplus of things going on in your life...as many of us do. My only advice is to know that life will get in the way...and you will hit the hardest proverbial wall from time to time. But you're a strong, intelligent, beautiful woman. And you will land on top - you'll make sure of that.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg - I can't thank you enough for that note. Sometimes the smallest of things make you feel so much better. Thank you for the inspirational message! xoox

    ReplyDelete