Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Powerless

Have any of you ever been in a position where you have felt totally and completely helpless and powerless? I'm feeling this way right now, and frankly, I hate it.
My boyfriend's crazy, and I mean crazy, ex girlfriend won't go away. First it was constant phone calls and txt's, so my boyfriend changed his number. Then it was IM's, so my boyfriend blocked her, then this weekend it was a FB note saying how much she missed him and hoped that he missed her at 4am no less... so he blocked her on that end as well and didn't respond to the email. Now I'm seeing that she's still writing about him and how much she misses him on her blog.
Why is it that this ***** (insert the B word here) won't go away? Why hasn't she gotten the picture that it's over, he's moved on, and does not want her in his life? How can she be so pathetic?
The worst part about it, aside from the fact that she won't just leave us alone, is that I cannot do a thing about it. If I take care of it myself, she'll know we're giving her attention, she'll know she's gotten to me, and to be honest, I don't want to go to jail. LOL.... kidding, kidding.
What do I do?
My boyfriend has been amazing throughout all of this, and that definitely makes it easier to go through, but I'm still so unbelievable frustrated and annoyed.
Thoughts? Advice?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Unfortuntaely - you're totally right about the part that if you give her attention, you're playing her game. And we all know that is the absolute last thing that you want to do!
    The fact of the matter is, you both are entirely more mature than she is (both socially, and in age) and while that speaks mountains of who you are as people, that certainly doesn't help ease your issue.
    I know that there are times when it just seems like things would be eaiser if you left the gun and took the canoli - but I'm not sure prison orange is the best color on most people.
    My most honest and best advice that I can give you - and no I'm not insane with this suggestion - is to ask her to meet. The two of you in a public place where you can just lay things out on the table with her. (Trust me, it's much better than running into her at a bar, and having a drink spilled all over you).
    I'm not saying it will fix the problem...but it couldn't hurt it.
    And if all else fails...I have a shovel...just a though...
    xo

    ReplyDelete