that I can't let certain things go? Why is it that despite having an amazing boyfriend, an amazing relationship and knowing I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him, I still have doubts.
I worry...
For some reason I worry his psycho ex will come back into his life and tear us apart, as she's done a few times so far throughout the year we've been together.
I worry that once we finally live together we'll realize we're not who we thought we were.
I just worry...
Why can't we, as beautiful, intelligent, confident women relax, totally and completely with our significant others who love us and ultimately, simply put chose US, no one else.
Outside of relationships, I am confident and independent, with zero worries because I know everything will work out in the end. Inside of this particular relationship, I'm still confident and independent, but there is an underlying feeling of doubt. Why? Is it because I actually, genuinely and truly care for and love this man?
I joke with my girlfriends that the men in our lives struck gold when they met us; they know it and they won't let us go. I can confidently say that, but that voice in the back of my head won't go away... "will they really not let us go?"
Sigh... why is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Because part of being made of girl, we're required to have emotions.
ReplyDeleteBecause he truly is the man that you never want to let go - and it scares the shit out of you at the minor incling of that happening.
Because no matter how strong you are - every bit of you will shatter into a million pieces if he ever disappeared.
Because you're beautiful.
1. I agree with Megan face.
ReplyDelete2. I have the same, well I guess complex... it's not issue because it's not a bad situation we're in. It's a 'complex' because we've been hurt before. We've cared before, but this time... this time, we're truly 'in love.' And, we can both attest that their ex is not a pleasant presence. Yet, we must trust our gut, our instinct and our heart. We truly love our men and want to be with them forever... then we'll fight to keep them. We're both guilty of letting our fear interfere... funny how that works. We have to push it to the side and remember... they did pick us! No one else.
<3
You girls rock, thank you so much! Love you!!
ReplyDelete